Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Hump Day

Happy Wednesday! Hope you are all surviving yet another week. It has been busy at my house, yet also extra quiet because my 11-year old is staying at his aunt & uncles for the week. Last night I had a wonderful supper with a friend that I hadn't visited with in ages. It was so nice to catch up on each others lives. I'm at a bit of a crossroads (if you want to call it that) with my employment and needed to be able to bounce some ideas off someone with an outside perspective. I'm only 35 years old, my youngest will graduate from high school when I'm 42. So the question is....What do I want to be when I grow up? Right now I am the secretary/bookkeeper at a church. Do I want to do this for the next 20 years? Absolutely NOT!! I do have a sociology degree, but live in a town of under 4,000 people so there's not much use for that field. I'm considering getting into education, but not sure I can be a classroom teacher. I am leaning toward special education so I would have more opportunity to work in small group settings or one-on-one. Do I take the plunge & go back to school for Special Education? Should I start with just getting the Teacher Certification with my Sociology degree? Should I be happy that I have a job & stop stressing over the future? Too many questions for Hump Day. Thanks for stopping by! Leave a comment is you've got any insight on what I should be when I grow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment