Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Summer winding down...






















I'm back after a full weekend to Sioux City, Iowa. This was my daughter's last tournament for the summer & what a way to end it! They played seven 40 minutes basketball games in 29 hours. I was exhausted sitting in the folding chair, I cannot imagine how those six girls felt. We stayed at the Super 8 near Morningside College. I wouldn't not recommend it. Yes, the rooms were cheap at only $45/night, but the walls & floors were paper thin - could hear every little noise. We also squeezed in an 8k Road Race for my son while we were there. So we were up & outside by the river by 7am on Saturday. Well worth it though, Jalen came in 6th place out of 104 runners - placed 2nd in his 15-19 year old division. Good workout to the upcoming Cross Country season. The highlight on my weekend was stopping through Sioux Falls to pick up my baby, Isaac (he's almost 12). He'd been at his aunt & uncles from Sunday to Sunday. Way too long for a mom to be without her baby! He's disagree I'm sure. The cousins & video games kept him plenty busy - he didn't even miss me.

As you can see, I'm having a bit of trouble with the pictures. I thought I was adding them at the end of the blog. I have no idea what I'm doing. They aren't in the correct order, but I think you get the jist!
Thanks for following!










1 comment:

  1. Hi, looks like you had a busy weekend!

    I don't know if there is an easier way but after I upload my pictures, I copy and paste them to move them around. It's a pain, but it's the only way I know how.

    ReplyDelete